How to fix the black screen problem of VMWare Fusion on OS X Catalina
How to fix the black screen problem of Fusion on OS X Catalina 10.15.
After upgrading to OS X Catalina, my VMWare Fusion 10.1.6 stopped working. It only showed black screen.
Update: Now there is an official KB article on this.
Here is how I solved the black screen problem of my VMWare Fusion 10 before the official KB.
- Download the version Fusion “11.1.0”(exact) from VMWare. You can run it in trial period.
- Install “11.1.0”, and then run it. When it asks for the permission on Screen Recording, allow it!
- Test run your VM, and see the black screen go away. (Don’t upgrade your VM though, as you will go back to your version of Fusion.)
- Now, re-install the version of the VMWare Fusion you purchased.
- Run your VM with your version of Fusion. Voila!